LIGHTS ARE ON OFF!!!
Lights will be on BEFORE Thanksgiving this year due to it being one week late!
Lights will be on November 22nd 2013
Thank-you to all who donated to the charity! This year we collected 249.46 for the Jeff Gordon Foundation!
TUNE TO 107.7FM to hear our music and holiday greetings while visiting the display.
EXCITING NEWS: AS SEEN ON TV! - We were on RCN 4 TV in 2010 for Bill Whites Annual Lights in the Valley Holiday Light Tour.
40,230 Lights for the 2011 Season (and counting) 90%Energy Saving LED's
15 Songs Broadcast through an FM Transmitter to your Car Stereo on 107.7 FM
Periodic greetings from our family to yours through the FM transmitter
NOTICE - We buy used/unwanted Christmas Decorations. Please use the CONTACT US form to send us information if you dont want the decorations. This includes, airblown inflatables (even if the blower does nto work), plastic blowmold figures, wireframes, basically any yard decor. Be green and keep them from the landfills!!!
NOTICE: The donations tab is not for my personal use, it will Support the Jeff Gordon Children's Foundation! Click the tab for more information.
Official Santa Tracker from Norad
Want to E-Mail Santa? Send him an e-mail clicking HERE
Watch Santa LIVE on webcam by watching SANTA CLAUSE LIVE
Santa Clause now sends out Happy Birthday Cards
For weather forecasts for our area, please visit - Real Weather Services Forum at http://realwxservices.freeforums.org/index.php
Find out North Pole Weather
HOLIDAY HAZARDS- Fire Safety Tips for the entire family!
When buying your Christmas Tree, be sure to pick a fresh tree. You'll know it's fresh if the needlees are firmly attached. When the tree is in your home, keep plenty of water around the base. A dry tree is the source of more than 1,000 house fires every year.
Be bright about lights! Don't use lights with worn insulation, broken plugs, annd loose sockets. They can cause fires, shocks and even electrocution.
Be careful when hanging several light strings together. You could have an overload situation. Remember, all lighting inside and out, should be turned off before going to bed. Regular mini lights usually are 3 sets max strung together while newer LED lights are 23 or more.
Space heaters- keep away from curtains, bedspreads, and furniture. Make sure children know they could get burned if they touch one.
Are the stockings hung by the chimney wth care? Be especially careful if theres a cozy fire going in the fireplace.
Be sure fireplaces are covered with a sturdy metal screen or heat tempered glass doors. This reduces the chance of a fire starting from escaping sparks of wood.
Take the tree down when the holdays are over. Everyday it stands in the house, it geets drier.
Do not coil extension cords or regular light cords. They cause a magnetic field, heat and could cause a fire.
Fireplaces & WoodStoves:
Never leave a fire unattended. Have your chimney & fireplace inspected annually by a certified chimney sweep. They check for cracks, crumbling, obstructions, & creosote build-up. Burn dry, well seasoned wood to prevent fires in the flue. Make sure your stove burns hot twice a day for 15-30 minutes to reduce creosote build-up. Charcoal can give off lethal amounts of carbon monoxide so never burn it indoors. Make sure the fire is out before going to bed. NEVER close the damper while hot ashes are inthe fireplace, this could cause the fire to flare up and cause toxic carbon monoxide to be released to the house. If you use synthetic logs, read the instructions on the package, never break them apart to quicken the fire or use more then one log at a time. Place ashes outdoors in a covered metal container at least 3 feet from anything that can burn.
Make sure you have 3 fee of space between the heater and everything else like stated above. Never leave children unattended around heaters or use extension cords with them. Be sure the heater has a tip-over shut-off function, clean dust from heaters, buildup can ignite and cause a fire. Turn off the heater when leaving the house or sleeping. Avoid using heaters in the bathroom.
Leave furnace work to the experts and have a qualified technician check and clean your unit yearly. The technician should check the wall and cieling near the furnace and flue. If they are hot you may need extra insulation. Be sure the emergency shut-off and controls are in good condition. Always keep trash, papers, paint etc. away fromthe furnace.
Install a smoke detector in each level, and each bedroom of your home and test them once a month. Never remove batteries from smoke detector to use in toys or anyhting similiar. Change your batteries twice a year. When you change your clock change your batteries. Smoke detectors save lives!
COLD WEATHER FIRE SAFETY:
If your pipes freeze, don't try to them with a blowtorch or other open flame. The pipe can conduct heat and start a fire. Try a hand held dryer, hot water or UL labeled device for thawing. Never use oven or range to heat your home. THis is a safety hazard and can build-up toxic fumes. Be certain that all windows used as emergency exits can still be opened in winter. If a fire hydrant is near your house, help keep it clear of snow and debris, it will make it easier for the fire department when they arrive.
Plan a fire escape with your family. Practice the plan twice a year, its good to practice in winter so you know what to do in the cold. Make sure all family members know the plan and decide a meeting place outside and away from the house where everyone can be accounted for. If you suspect a fire, get out and call 911 from your cell phone or neighbors house. Never re-enter a burning building